Saturday, April 7, 2012

What's In Your Basket ?????

Basket full of GRASS with Chocolate Covered Bunnies, Sweetarts, Bunny Shaped Reece’s Peanut Butter Cups, Jelly Beans, Colored Eggs, Toys and let’s not forget the HUNT! My mom and dad would create these wonderful baskets for my siblings and I filled with nothing. Then it was Easter Egg Hunt time this is where I got most of my candy but of course there was more where that came from INSIDE OF THE HOUSE! Easter has always been fun since I was a child I can remember going to church on Easter Sunday rushing home to change out of my pretty dress in preparation of decorating eggs. Everyone would come up with their own style of creating their "MASTERPIECE" egg. My brother's egg was messy, my sister maybe had 2 colors and of course I had a cleaver design. I guess you can call me an artist in the making. Now that I have children of my own it is a joy to see my children enjoy it as much as I did.
Easter is fast approaching for many of us who celebrate this wonderful holiday. How many of us parents have actually sat down and talked to our children about the true meaning of Easter? Well that's where we come to help, keep reading this post to find creative ways of introducing the importance of celebrating Easter.
Easter this year will be celebrated on April 8, 2012. Easter is not about the bunnies, candy and hunts. Although we enjoy and have fun putting baskets together for our little ones it's more than just that. This is the time to discuss with our children all that Jesus has done for us and what he did on the cross.
Eater is one of the most sacred Christian Holiday's. Easter is the celebration of Jesus Christ's rising from the dead (resurrection) after he was crucified. Jesus was crucified on the cross on what we know it as today "Good Friday". God sent his only son Jesus to die for our sins. Even though Jesus died he did not stay dead, he rose from the dead on Easter Sunday. This is why we celebrate Easter it is the celebration of New Life.
Here is the link to a great movie that will help you explain the True Meaning of Easter.
Please check out our "Let's Get Crafty Page" for cool Easter ideas. Here is a little sneek peek:

No comments:

Post a Comment